View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 01:06 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobwoman View Post
By the way, I preordered Kindles more than once and was never charged until it shipped.
Yes, Amazon is very good with pre-orders or back orders. They don't charge you until they ship. As a matter of fact I pre-ordered Windows 7 at Amazon a few months ago, and they charged and shipped on release day (Oct 22). I only know because I got an email that the charge didn't go though. I had ordered this before my stolen credit card number was canceled.

I'm not sure if this is a law in the US or part of the Credit Card merchant agreement, but most stores do not actually charge you before shipment.

Not sure how the auth hold works on a debit card, but on a credit card it's not worry.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote