View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Book won't remember position or bookmark

I'm not at all sure whether this should go here or on the mobipocket tool forum, so if I'm mistaken please move it.

I've just started reading a book from HarperCollins/PerfectBound which will not remember where I stopped reading, and will not accept book marks either. I have no problems with other books, including other HarperCollins books, and the Cybook is 80% charged. The chapter links do work.

Two questions
- Is there a way around this other than finishing the chapter each time I read, or perhaps going to the beginning of the chapter and paging forward?
- Would I be entitled to ask the Publisher (HarperCollins) or distributor (Fictionwise) for a new copy of the book? Surely the ability to resume where I left off is an integral part of any ebook!

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote