View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I have talked to Andrew twice since. Last Wednesday, he called me to let me know they are still working on a resolution for me, and that he'd call me back towards the end of the week. On Friday he called me to let me know they are working on a resolution and that he'd call me Monday or Tuesday.
It all sounds a bit mysterious to me.

The history:
I had ordered two PW's. One is supposed to be mailed out next week. One arrived a few weeks ago. My first unit was atrocious, though at least it had the faintest of hues - it was the most even looking screen of them all. I called for a replacement and talked to a really nice rep who said that they'd make sure I'd get a good unit even if it means replacing it yet another time. To my surprise, there were actually two replacements in the box. I am not sure if this is because he wanted to make sure I get one good unit, or because I voiced my concern about the second PW that I needed being a present for someone overseas and me not being able to gift a good unit if I needed replacements for that one as well. Whatever the case, I ordered two and need to units. Too bad only one of the two replacements powered on at all, with the other one having a REPAIR message ghosted on the screen. I called Amazon right after unpacking the units, so no more than maybe 30 minutes after I received the unit. That's when I was given the run-around. In a matter of two days, I talked to 10 CS reps. The first time, I talked to a rep in India for 40 minutes who kept telling me a replacement would take two weeks (if I recall correctly). Meanwhile, others on this forum had talked to CS and arranged for the exact same type of PW to be shipped through 2 day shipping on the same exact day, so I kept insisting on a faster delivery, and she kept telling me there's nothing she can do. I was posting here in-between being put on hold by her, so I knew the answer she was giving me was BS. That's how I ended up talking to her team lead, "Andrew", who was equally unhelpful, and who then put me on hold for 15 or 20 minutes until my phone battery died. That was one hour on my Saturday, with zero resolution, so I had to call back. I'd talk to a rep and either they would say one thing, but then the email confirmation said another, so that I'd have to call again, or my calls would drop.*
It took me talking to 10 reps between Saturday and Sunday, to finally get replacements sent by Wednesday. I can tell you that I was in tears when yet another rep would tell me that he'd need to put me on hold because someone else needed to talk to me. I hope that Amazon will take the time to listen to theses calls to see what they put customers through. I know they usually have stellar CS, but this time, everything went haywire. While I had been holding off on writing a review until then, I had no more qualms and left a 1 star review. Then an Andrew contacted me with the above posted email.

I am still hoping for two units with good screens. I know a lot of people keep the one that is okay, but I want more than okay or acceptable, especially after wasting so much energy on this. I feel like if I give up on the PWs now, I will lose my trust in Amazon forever as well. Maybe that's why I keep trying. I buy everything from Amazon, so I'd feel like losing a friend, almost.
*Because they reroute calls lord knows how many times, my next calls would drop. I'd ask them right form the get go to write down my number, then, and to call me back if the call dropped, so I would not have to explain the same thing again. They all said they would, not one did. I think there was somethung going on with their phone systems that day, because theirs are the only calls that ever drop, so I know it wasn't on my end.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote