View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Thumbs up NEXUS 7 gains UNLIMITED STORAGE via USB memory sticks/cards **NO ROOTING** involved

As always i have been sifting through the Internet to come up the most useful Apps to unlock the true potential of the NEXUS 7.

As with all my finds i like to share them on mobile read so every nexus owner benefits and this time i think i have found the most important App to be released on the NEXUS 7 so far.

If you want to check out my other Apps then take a look here-
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=184704&page=3

Connecting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnBApLGiljA
V2 Features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCgvmvzqWAQ

I give you the Nexus Media Importer (pice £1.29 /$1.99)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...importer&hl=en

In one fell swoop this App allows you to stream movies ,photos and music from both USB memory sticks or memory card readers ++ PORTABLE HD ( all must be formated in FAT16/32 )via a VERY CHEAP OTG cable WITHOUT ROOTING.

This App also allows you to copy over from a memory stick, files so it will be very handy for -example taking photos with you camera and then transferring them to your nexus 7 without having to use a PC.

This is the FIRST App to do this,where as STICKMOUNT requires the owner too root there nexus 7 which invalidates the warranty of the device.

Nexus Media Importer only cost a PALTRY £1.39 / $1.99
I consider this a must have App for any serous nexus 7 owner to have and give it the darksaber thumbs up

P.S. iM currently testing out on a number of USB memory stick including my 64GB SANDISK ULTRA,TOSHIBA 4GB & SANDISK 16GB SLICE and there all working as should.

So with the included 13gb of USABLE memory on my tablet + the 60GB of USABLE storage on my ULTRA 64GB i have more than enough storage to last for a long time WITHOUT access to my PC.

GOOGLE PLAY App REVIEWS

vinay - August 25, 2012 - Asus Nexus 7 with version 2.0.4.1
Reads powered hard drives and flash drives!

Must have app for nexus 7, reads powered hard drives and flash drives! Works fine with Flash drive & powered hard disk! pdf doc photos videos without rooting. You buy a good otg adapter as some cheap ones do not connect correctly. My Samsung galaxy note official otg cable connected perfect but another cheap otg cable has issues. So buy good otg cable and don't blame app. It works perfectly with official Samsung galaxy note otg cable. No problems reading, streaming or copying pdf, doc or photos or videos

Lindy - August 28, 2012 - Asus Nexus 7 with version 2.0.4.1
Awesome!

Even streamed a movie off a portable USB 3 hard drive powered by the tablet. Good way to drain the battery but you can copy to the nexus 7 anyway. Brilliant!

Vivienne - August 27, 2012 - Asus Nexus 7 with version 2.0.4.1
good for value

this app has made the restricted 16gb nexus more flexible. videos and songs stream instantly without having to transfer the files onto the device, however i have found that pdf files need to be transferred onto the device for it to be opened, hence the 1 star reduction. as a student, i wanted to use my pad and this app for lecture reading on the go, hopefully future updates of this app will include the ability to allow me to do just this. this is a solid app, worth the money.

Kenny - August 24, 2012 - Asus Nexus 7 with version 2.0.4.1
Nexus 7

Works perfectly with an USB flash drive pen, for playing movies. A must have app.

Graham - August 24, 2012 - Asus Nexus 7 with version 2.0.4.1
Fantastic

This is a must have app! Simple and powerful interface. Great support! My Nexus 7 is now so much more than it was.

Robert - August 26, 2012 - Asus Nexus 7 with version 2.0.4.1
Works on Nexus 7- flash drive for Photos

I was going to root when I saw the review on Amazon. Purchased a $2 OTG cable from ebay and connected with 4gb Dane flash. Will try a video soon and reevaluate. This should be included with the tablet purchase. This was $2 well-spent and persuaded me from returning the tablet .

Tina - August 28, 2012 - Version 2.0.4.1
So glad I found this!

I was going to root my nexus 7 but was kinda nervous about it. I just wanted to be able to watch movies when traveling. I am not the kind of person who would "flash a new ROM" (at least I think that is the phrase I saw) This worked perfectly with the OTG cable I bought from ebay.

Aui - August 28, 2012 - Asus Nexus 7 with version 2.0.4.1
Thanks

Seriously, I think all nexus 7 owner must thank you for this . You sir , is a hero.

michael - August 24, 2012 - Asus Nexus 7 with version 2.0.4.1
Nexus 7

Great app. Understand there may be teething problems, but there expected with something like this, look forward to future updates and keep up the good work dev......

Maria - August 25, 2012 - Asus Nexus 7 with version 2.0.4.1
Update: OMG! You Did It!!!

Updating my review. Wow, he did it! Amazing work man. Awesome awesome job.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed2.jpg
Views:	1136
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	91531   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	1073
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	91532  

Last edited by darksaber35; 09-10-2012 at 11:28 AM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote