View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
has any of you try and convert a non techie to a PB, and if so are your friends/relatives still in talking terms with you ? Should I go for a 6'' screen instead?
I report several (allegedly very satisfied) non-techie PB360 and PB 602 users.
Most of them are close relatives of my good friends and coworkers. Said friends came to me because they know I am an e-book enthusiast. None of them read books, but their relatives do.
My friends still talk to me, and as far as I know their relatives talk to them ;-)

I have also a few friends that purchased PocketBook 302 after I recommended PocketBook brand. NOT the device.
They still talk to me. This shows, they were *really* good friends to begin with
But that is a different story.

I have installed FBReader180 and Coolreader for them and provided my very-techie friends with instructions for their role as support. So far I was told the support wasn't really necessary.
You need to show your parents how to use the device. PocketBook has many advanced functions, so when user activates, for example, notes function or dictionary they need to be aware what it is.
Higher number of features does bring more items to menu, so the control isn't as simple as with Kindle.
Menus on PB360+ are so similar to PB360, that you won't have problem providing long-distance support.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote