View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #68
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltimer View Post
Our accounts were never associated with any others and the only thing that happened at that time was our S-I-L having his account closed.

I have heard of this happening on eBay. They have no way of knowing precisely who was behind the computer committing the particular violation so they shut all 'related' accounts down. Four people living in a house all have eBay accounts. #1 gets shut down for whatever reason. They then shut down the remaining three.

They don't know that all four are the same person or not. They're all the same address & phone number or name or credit card or IP address. To keep the 'eBay community' safe they shut them all down.

Is it right? No way!! Certainly not when three of the accounts did nothing wrong but how can they prove the name on account #1 won't use the other three accounts to do something else? Or that they're not all the same person in the first place? They can't, so they shut them all down. I've heard of some people fighting & getting reinstated but that's easier by phone not email that's for sure. And you have to know the right people too. If you don't well.....