View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
If I download a file in MOBI, it seems to become a PRC file. That is fine if the Metada is correct. However, If I edit the Metadata, then send to device (Kindle), the changes do not appear on the kindle. If I reformat into MOBI after the changes, it displays properly on the Kindle. What am I doing wrong: it seems it should not be a two step process.
The file does not support setting the metadata. This is an issue with the PRC/MOBI file itself. You can always change the metadata within calibre but those changes are only written to the file (if possible) when sending to device or saving to disk.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote