View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Krykorya
Nameless Being

Which ereader: functional microSD compatibility.

Good morning. Long-time lurker, first-time poster hoping for some assistance replacing her K4B. I'm very fond of raiding Amazon's free books, the Baen Free Library, Project Gutenberg and the Patricia Clark Memorial Library. As a result, I have a large number of books - too many to fit in the very restrictive internal space provided with the K4B. I'm a hoarder who enjoys taking her everything everywhere (you should see the size of my handbag!).

As a result, I've invested in an 8GB microSD card and loaded it with as many ebooks as possible. Now I just need to find a reader which will support the card. (I am acquainted with Apprentice Alf, so Amazon-dependency is non-existent.) As I'm located in Australia and I do not want to spend over $200, my options as I see them are: Kobo Touch, Kobo Wifi, Sony PRS-T1 and Sony PRS-T2. (I would include the iRiver Story HD, but I have a microSD card rather than a full-sized SD card. I do not include the Kobo Glo because I'm not interested in front-lighting.)

I'd rather not get the Kobo Wifi, as it's now two generations old. I view the PRS-T1 and PRS-T2 as having totally negligible differences, as I will be purchasing whichever I can find in a brick-and-mortar store. So when choosing between Kobo and Sony, my question is this: which device is more capable of handling a microSD card and several thousand shelved books, without crapping out?

Thank you for any advice.