View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #12
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
Plus I have to say, I would really hate to buy a device which cant even last 2 years.
Please remember this is just me talking, having owned quite a few devices over the years, and thinking about how long they last before they get too slow etc. When I say "lasts" 1-2 years, I really mean how long the tablet Android side can keep up IF (and that is an IF at this point) our Android version is never updated. In terms of physical hardware, there's no reason not to expect it to keep on chugging for 4 - 5 years (maybe an iRex Illiad owner can comment? Franky, is it?). Heck, I bought a *used* mac laptop (powerbook) back in 1997 that still "worked" when I finally put it to rest in 2007.

I have another 3 year old product that has been "abandoned" by Nokia that is starting to show signs that it can't keep up only because a lot of apps are no longer being developed or even supported, but the hardware is still in perfect condition, and for programs currently installed, they work as well as they did day one.

I just want to be clear about the fact that I am only trying to give reasonable, worst case expectations. I don't know anything more than anyone else. I just do have some experience with end-of-life products, which we can't even say the Edge is.