Thread: Sony Wishlist
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #54
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
I have a slightly different wishlist, as I believe I'm in a minority in that line justification matters not a whit to me.

I want a push/pop stack of my 5 most recently read books. As it is now, only the last book I opened is remembered. I read lots of books concurrently, and honestly I can't always remember the titles of them without the visual cue of the cover. I find it tedious to sort through my list of books looking for the file I was reading a few days ago.

I wish that categories would not be duplicated between device memory and the SDcard. If I have a file with multiple tags, and one of the tags denotes files I keep on the card, do I need two copies of the file? Very wasteful. A very simple algorithm could determine where the file is, give preference to either onboard or SDcard RAM (bonus points if that's configurable via preferences) and keep just one copy.

And maybe I missed it, but THERE IS NO REASON IT IS SO HARD TO EXPORT SELECTED TEXT, and the related complaint WHY ARE TEXT SELECTIONS ARBITRARILY LIMITED TO 100 CHARACTERS My next reader will be able to export how ever much text I select. I like Sony and am a happy owner of numerous Sony products, but if they can't make this happen my next reader will not be a Sony.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote