View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #571
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldin View Post
I loved Treasure Island as a kid, and I picked it up as an adult thinking, "Well, this'll be quaint." Instead, I found it every bit as exciting and gripping as I remembered. Enjoy, Marrella!
I do, though I am afraid I am missing bits of it because it is my bedtime book. I am listening to the Blackstone version which is read by Frederick Davidson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldin View Post
I just finished Kim Stanley Robinson's 2312 (which just won the Nebula Award for Best Novel). Much of it is absolutely brilliant, a tour through a very inventive Solar System society 300 years from now. But be warned, it is S-L-O-W.
I remember reading his The Years of Rice and Salt after it won the Hugo. Yikes, what a slog. The problem was that it had also interesting bits, so I had to finish it. But I guess I really don't like his style.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote