View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #585
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW2, Moon Pro on Lenovo tablet
Eric Gill - An Essay on Typography

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You could just delete the pages of introduction. The rest would be OK. But in the copy I found it was a pretty poor quality and low-res scan.
I've just posted it as a fairly large PDF in the "Other Books" section - pretty much as it was published in 1936, but with a cover reconstructed from the 1931 first edition. It contains no material but Gill's original text, so hopefully it is properly in the public domain.

It is, I think, a reasonably good scan too.

The only way in which it fails to reproduce Gill's original is that he clearly designed the book so that (in parts, anyway) facing pages needed to be seen simultaneously: an example is his re-working of a John Bull poster with the words "A DEMON who lives on the DEAD". But that's a minor issue.
Araucaria is offline   Reply With Quote