View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #102
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumguy View Post
unboggling, with regards to upgrades, one is usually better off to buy them upfront than wait until later, otherwise you're paying for a hard drive or RAM that you'll need to remove and dispose of. In my experience "upgradability" isn't very high on the list of requirements for a laptop; I'd rather just exchange it for a newer model.
Good point, regarding the cost-benefit of upgrading up front at purchase. I hadn't considered that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumguy View Post
I guess my main point though, is more psychological than technological. I've worked as a Mac tech for more than 20 years, and have observed a lot of intersting (and sometimes bizarre) behavior in customers, friends, and relatives.…
Ah, a Mac tech.

Your posts got me wondering, regarding trading up computing capability by selling older Mac and buying a different new or used Mac, what is the best and quickest way for a non-techie user to clean the old Mac of all account information and stray bytes on internal storage, while still leaving the OS and basic Apple-included apps for the potential buyers to try out and use?

And also, similarly, what is the best and quickest way to clean an iPad for resale?

Last edited by unboggling; 06-28-2012 at 01:22 AM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote