View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #81
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by detayls View Post
K3 is not the latest generation. I take it to mean that ALL Kindles will support .mobi/.azw and only the Kindle Fire, K4 and K4 Touch will support .kf8.
The Kindle Keyboard is still being sold, and Amazon is not currently selling the Kindle Touch outside of the United States.

That means that if you want a Kindle with 3G then your only choice is a Kindle Keyboard 3G.

They've been very ambiguous about the exact details, but I'd be quite surprised if the Kindle Keyboard is not updated, simply because of the install base.

Amazon seems to have gone to a lot of effort with the Kindle Keyboard - renaming it rather than simply dumping it, and continuing to sell it in all of their markets.

It has also just seen a software update adding functionality.

I don't really think it can be put in the "previous generation" category just yet.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote