View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #59
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Exactly.

Devices MAY be able to just be disconnected, but the standard is for the Stop or Eject feature.

Considering that those who use this feature so not seem to have issues with their Readers, and those who do not do (not an exhaustive study, but sure seems like that) do have some issues, the safe thing to do is to use it.

When you have a removeable device there is an icon in the tray that if you click will open to allow you to safely stop (eject) a device.
Not so. The default setting in Windows is for Quick Removal where the device can be unplugged without having to eject it first.

As long as you do not unplug your device in the middle of writing information to it then there will be no problems.

I currently have four USB hard drives, numerous USB flash drives, two Sony readers, an iPhone and an iPod all of which I connect to my PC on a regular basis. The only one of these I 'eject' is the iPod which for some reason does not like just being unplugged.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	usb.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	74521  
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote