Thread: CM7 Backup
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
OK, I just downloaded DiskImage and tried it. It seemed very simple and straight forward. After WinImage has started you select from the menu bar Disk/Creating Vikrtual Hard Disk Image from Physical drive... and DiskImage will show a dialog window asking you to select the physical drive (your SD card). That's it. After that it creates an image of that SD card with all four of the CM7 partitions on it. You can save that image file on your PC hard drive to use as a backup restore image for an SD card. FWIW, after the image is created you can then browse through the contents of all four partitions in the image file that WinImage created.
Can you be more specific for me and point me to the exact software you used?

ie: Is this the Winimage you used http://www.winimage.com/winimage.htm

ie: what diskimage software, I have Win32DiskImager.exe

A google search for diskimage didn't produce anything specific for me
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote