View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #12
|2eason
Connoisseur
|2eason is on a distinguished road

Device: Tatung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I don't think it's (quite) up to multiple windows and drag and drop ... I think the ghosting would be nasty, and the lag is still to great to be able to handle precise enough object manipulation, but that's my opinion.
I think it all depends on how you, or rather the software, deals with it. For instance;
Moving a window; Single click on the window header bar once, then slingle click on the desktop were you want it to be - One screen refresh required
Resizing a window; single click on the corner, single click on where you want it to be - one refresh
Drag and drop: As I said; single click to cut, single click to paste: one refresh.

You could even go further and just have immovable windows with a maximum of four, one in each screen segment. Even that would provide enough scope for file manipulation.

Ultimately, the important thing is to give the user access to large, remote libraries via the internet or LAN without the need for an intermediate PC or snickernet. If that can be done with an intuitive non-standard interface, then I'd be happy with that.
|2eason is offline   Reply With Quote