View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #9
jimmyzou
Connoisseur
jimmyzou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader; Kobo; Nook color
THanks JSWolf, I read the whole thread, it's quite educational and helpful, but I still have not got any luck.

1. First, I tried built epub by Calibre, I followed exactly the steps, no luck, still "?????" shows ether reading by SONY or Calibre's ebook viewer. The Chinese book name and Author name show correctly though.
While doing it, I have a question, how does Calibre know where is the font I'm using while I'm building the book? yes, there is code to indicate the address of the font, but the font is in my PRS505's flash disk, not on my laptop's Harddisk. So should I always connect my reader to my PC while I'm building books? even by this I doubt if Calibre can get the font on reader to use while creating book.

2. After Failure on Calibre, I tried edit the "100 wars.epub". I rename it to 100 wars.zip, and up-zip it, then I look for CSS file, OK, found one in \OPS\css directory, there is a file called main.css, then I open it, I see the first lines are:
@font-face {
font-family: "myfont";
src:url(res:///opt/sony/ebook/FONT/tt0003m_.ttf);
}

It's useing the font of my fonts I flashed in for LRFs, so I changed to this as below, indicated where I put the TTF I copy from MS WIndows.
@font-face {
font-family: "MingLiU";
src:url(res:///Data/fonts/MINGLIU.ttf);
}

I know on the 2nd trying editing epub file, I might not do correctly, since I did not really understand how to edit it.
Any idea??

Last edited by jimmyzou; 03-18-2009 at 05:28 PM.
jimmyzou is offline   Reply With Quote