Thread: Blank Lines
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The think is, if you do use blank lines, then you'll have to make sure that blank line separators are at least two lines and easily distinguished from a blank line. Also some books start the first paragraph of a section with no indent. That too sometimes must be taken into account. And in a book like that, having no paragraph indents will lose the format if the first paragraph of a section with no paragraph indent.

I personally prefer no extra blank lines and paragraph indents. I like to have more text per screen for less screen turns. I did read one book that was posted here with blank lines between paragraphs and no indents. It did bug me when I was reading it. When there are a lot of short lines, that's when it's most annoying to me.

However, if you are using Book Designer to make an LRF eBook then you can make two copies, one with lines and one without. But as I stated above, you'd then have to sort out possible issues with the formatting if you make a book with blank lines.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote