View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #589
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post

(Click for original size)

121. Visual Interaction Effect — Voice Recording

No feedback on sound level when recording voice
  • iPhone: When using voice recorder, provides image of a microphone and displays volume
  • S1: Provides recorder as background and does not display sound recording status (level)

iPhone: Because users speak into a microphone when actually recording something, it gives users a familiar recognition that easily shows what function is being used and what action needs to be taken

Provides feedback on the sound level detected from microphone
S1: A recorder is not a bad background, but users are not familiar with the recorder and microphone is what is actually touched during recordings, so falls short on intuitiveness in comparison

No feedback on the sound level of what is being recorded

Directions for improvement: Select a background that gives an emotional and intuitive feel to the user when using the function
Add feedback that indicates the volume of what is being said at the time

How does pointing out ONE instance where the end result of a recommendation resulted in a very similar look to iOS make my comment ...

Quote:
"So, without having gone through each one, it appears the great majority of the things in that document were not direct recommendations to outright "copy" iOS. As such, my opinion that you mischaracterized the nature of the document still stands."
... any less true??? (I bolded some relevant words)

--Pat