View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
What would you typeset The Art of War with, LDBoblo?
Difficult question, and depends on the intent of the text. If I wanted an educational version, I'd run it in Kai or FangSong text with annotation in Ming probably. I might do away with punctuation in the original text. There are many ways to approach it, depending on how it's intended to be read.
Quote:
And how does one locate archaic character forms?
I don't know any easy way other than looking through the whole text, unless I'm in a word processor where I can search for any instance of the system font (which will occur in any location where a non-standard typeface fails to produce a glyph).
Quote:
For example, compare the second character of 計第 with the chapter title's second character here?

In my admittedly limited (and doubtless not hugely discerning) attempts, I have not been able to find the correct/original character. Is it simply a simplified chinese/traditional chinese difference? Or is it a genuinely different alternate/historical character form?
I'm not sure what you mean. The character 篇 means chapter/article, and the character 第 indicates ordinal number. Usually it is 第一篇 which means first article/essay/chapter. The name of the article/essay is 始計, which is messed up in some versions. I find 始計篇第一 and 第一篇始計, as well as simply 始計篇.

Last edited by LDBoblo; 09-22-2009 at 04:19 PM.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote