View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
My testing on the K3 eink displays shows that dithered black and white has max speed about 5 FPS for 800x600, but up to 12 FPS for a smaller partial update. For max speed, you could display a full grayscale image of an arcade machine, with a smaller 400x300 (or so) window with only black and white partial updates inside that window.

For a 12 FPS example (which also demonstrates eink driver "deferred write" time-domain artifacts), try my "vidtest" program on the K3. You can download it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2012359

The download contains only binary executable. The C source code contains mostly commented-out code for testing out stuff, and is not ready for publishing, but I could provide it anyway by PM on request (if you promise not to complain too loudly)...

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-23-2012 at 09:51 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote