View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #26
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
If your interest lies in non-fiction, then perhaps a device such as an iPad or Kindle DX would be more suitable. Non fiction books do tend to lie within the PDF realm and a bigger screened device is a much better option.
I disagree. There are plenty of non-fiction books, such as works of history and philosophy, that do no lie within the "PDF realm." The Kobo isn't bad at showing black and white illustrations either. I just think more thought has to be put into the firmware. I mean, readers that have more or less stock Netronix firmware have these capabilities. Why shouldn't the Kobo? Did they have to re-engineer everything from scratch in order to allow compatibility with Kobo-format books (i.e. the books stored in the SQlite database)?

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote