View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #17
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
The point is, this is basic functionality. It would not cost more to add it. Other ereaders using the exact same (or similar) hardware are able to do it. Why can't the kobo? This issue, the lack of a go to page function (and thus the consequent need to page forward multiple times if you lose your place), the lack of proper bookmarking (as opposed to mere resume), and the over all sluggishness of the device all contributed to my selling the device. I loved the bluetooth functionality. I loved the way it felt in my hand. I loved the use of cover images. But there are definite improvements to be made in the firmware, improvements that you find in virtually every other device that uses the Adobe Mobile software, including those that sell for less (such as the Sony Pocket Edition). Kobo can definitely be competitive (I really like their book store), but they need to implement basic functionality so that the device becomes less onerous to use. I mean, Kobo sells books that are heavily foot-noted (I'm reading Clive Hamilton's "Freedom's Paradox" currently). As it stands, I could not get the full use out of the book I purchased from their own store on their own device.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote