View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #25
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarisea View Post
I think I get what you are getting at. And that sounds great! How would you get it into a column?
That is a good question. I don't know yet. In fact, I don't know if I am going to try this.

In the post before yours, Kovid is in effect suggesting that the existing color rules (preferences -> look and feel -> column coloring) be extended to handle this case. The current rules say "Set the *color* of column X to [color chooser box]". One way to extend it is to have it say something like "Set the [color|icon] of column x to [chooser]". If the user chooses "color", then the existing color chooser box would show. If the user chooses "icon" then a file chooser box would show. The condition tests would remain the same.

There is complexity here, specifically making sure that everything that works today continues to work while allowing the new specifications, and that performance is acceptable. I need to think about how, or even whether, to do go forward.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote