View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #30
ZaZg
Isabelle G
ZaZg doesn't litterZaZg doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Cool Me too!

Coming in a bit late, but I bought a Sony PRS-T1 last Thursday. I was utterly thrilled when I started using it, I believe it is such an improvement to my defunct PRS-505, I was totally charmed.

That is, until it crashed for the first time. And the second. And then stopped turning pages. And then flipped pages too fast. And then...

I searched the Web, found out I was not the only one, so it is not a problem unique to my very own device.

As Sony wants us to, I wrote to them Sunday morning (Nov. 6th), not expecting an answer. However, in the afternoon, the Reader froze again, and this time there was nothing I could do: not even a hard reset. It stayed in the Home Page and wouldn’t budge. I am good enough with electronic devices, so I know I did everything I could.

I *really* like the PRS-T1, so I decided to take my chance and go back to the store for a replacement unit. Which I did. And it works fine (for now, crossing my fingers).

In the meantime, however, I got a reply from Sony:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to flip the pages properly on your Sony eReader and not starting up properly. Do this problem happen only with one book or with others too; and have you tried using your fingers to flip the pages using the touchscreen?

follow the steps below:

Step 1 Connect the Reader to the computer

Step 2 Press the Reset pin hole for 5 seconds

Step 3 Move the power switch once

Step 4 Disconnect the Reader

Step 5 Move the power switch once

Once you have followed the steps above the Reader will display Reader Opening book. Allow the Reader a few moments to load. If you receive a no battery message, please connect the Reader to the computer, press the Reset for 5 seconds, move the power switch once and leave the unit charging.

NOTE When charging the Reader, if it is through the computer, leave it charging for 3 hours. If the unit left longer or overnight the battery will drain, causing the Reader to freeze. Also make sure the computer does not go on a sleep mode so it charges correctly.

If the issue persists, please follow these steps on how to do a hard reset to your Sony eReader PRS-T1:

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/d...nalId=C1024494

If the issue still persists, please reply to this e-mail.

Thank you for being a valued Sony Customer.

Sony of Canada, Ltd.
I can’t apply these advices on my previous unit, but it *may* work for the current one. At any rate, I thought I’d post this here. Maybe it can help someone else.
ZaZg is offline   Reply With Quote