Thread: Reading Chair?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #54
dhume01
Connoisseur
dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Chromebook Pro, Note 10 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
Agreed. We got a Poang a few months ago. It's basically my home theater chair. They look like this (I have mine with the black-brown finish but it's just like this otherwise).

The only thing I find is that it needs a slightly bigger head pillow for me. I normally tuck a pillow behind my head - I need to velcro something on there or something.

I tend to like laying down on the couch with a pillow though a lot also.
I actually bought a Poang chair a year ago for $20 on craigslist. Thought it would be a great solution, and it is almost a great reading/watching TV chair, the problem is the angle. Like you said, you need a pillow, because if you lean your head back against it, your head will be looking up towards the ceiling. I never found a good solution for this chair, because my neck has to crook so far down, it makes it pretty uncomfortable. It's not as bad for TV, as the eyeline is a bit higher. But still not great.
dhume01 is offline   Reply With Quote