View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #10
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
I'm just going to come out and say it.....

....in my post, ' reviewer burnout', I left out one feeling that pervaded (in my personal opinion...) most trashing reviews of the Vox as compared to the Kindle Fire;

...it seemed, (there will be readers who might agree, and of course others that will not...) that there was a severe bias towards the Vox, because it was manufactured for a Canadian company, and not one based in the United States, not one that had any financial footprint in the United States, and finally, one that did not employ any United States resident/workforce.

OK, I came out and typed it. I feel that the reason that a lot of reviewers were trashing the Vox so badly, and ignored equal to, or mostly comparable features and/or performance, was a very motivated 'read' to keep profit and sales within the United States this holiday season. Obama's BUY AMERICAN, can pervade the commercial and citizen culture when you look at how badly America's economic performance has been over the last four years. It is abysmal. So, I feel that whether directly, or subliminally, a lot of reviews were already in the mindset of 'no matter HOW GOOD or even mundane, this Canadian company's product is....the review is going to try and steer the consumer away from the investing of' and onto a tablet either produced by an American company, or of a non U.S. producer that has a 'doing business' footprint on U.S. soil, generating payroll and taxes.

This is my personal opinion on the above, and I have no actual conspiratorial 'proof'. But if you really parse the 'trash' reviews...this pervasiveness REEKS of it. I believe, anyway.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote