View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
monkeygirl351
Connoisseur
monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, ipad, and kindle 3
converting epub to mobi for kindle 3 weird hyphens

Well I am getting a kindle 3 in a few days. I have tons of amazon ebooks, but also several epubs of my own (without drm). Anyways, I wanted to convert these epubs to mobi using calibre. I have the latest version and all my books are managed in there. Well I have noticed that when converting, I am getting these weird square symbols next to hyphens in the mobi document. These aren't there in the origional epub. I have researched and found out that these are called soft hyphens and kindle can't read these and therefore puts the square in there. How can I get rid of these? The mobi file looks great except for these annoying squares. Some books have more than others. I guess I can leave them if i have to, but i am a perfectionist and like my books to be perfect. I suppose I can read the epubs on my ipad but I really want to try them out on my kindle. Any suggestions?
monkeygirl351 is offline   Reply With Quote