View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I got the SGP5 at Amazon also. I am about out of a contract with Audible. I won't be renewing. The size is too big and eats up too much space on a player. I found out you can't covert to mp3 without taking months to convert on a CD one hour at time.

Library is a great source for audiobooks.

I got the GPS case yesterday Blossom and someone else recommended, nice little unit. The SMP5 could slip out, but I went ahead and ordered the TPU that Blossom told me about on Amazon. If anyone is interested I can put a link. It is a non-Amazon purchase, but I hope it will work out. I don't do Ebay.

When you power down the SMP5 it buzzes. I turn all notification noises off including buzzing. Not sure why it does that. But anyway Screen Dim goes back to being bright. Is that normal Blossom or any other SMP user? I also can't get the Screen Dim to work like it does on KFHD. Blossom told us how to make it show up in a book or something so you can see how the brightness is.

Too many questions
You don't need to download all Audibles. I just download what I listen to. There is no download limit. It's a cloud base app so no need to fill all that space. Even if your membership runs out you still have access to all purchased titles so no need to convert to mp3. There is an easier way to convert to MP3 from audible but the sound quality is not to my liking. I like stereo and all other Audible formats are mono except Enhanced format.

It's suppose to vibrate when shutting down. This is standard even with smart phones. It's to alert you it's turning off. Perfectly normal.

There is no compact mode for Screen Dim on SGP5. Screen Dim also wont go below default minimum brightness. To get it dark enough to read at night I turn the brightness all the way down and put the Contrast on 70%. This works pretty good for me. I add this to a preset then put the preset shortcut on my home screen to activate it. I also add the shortcut on my home screen to deactivate it. I wish I could do that on the Kindle Fire!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote