View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
indent et al

I'm working in html and it does work there, better in a paragraph command at each toc entry than in the CCS style sheet at the top.

Make sure you don't have other commands which are spanning more than one entry. Also make sure that the first one, if that is where the problem is, is just like all the other entries.

If you are using an <h_> command for Contents, try putting a break or paragraph between it and the first entry.

If you are doing a conversion out of word, you may want to save it as html and see what is there by using notepad++ or Kompozer. That way you get a bit more control.

If you add css to Kompozer and it isn't right, when you go back to source again, it will show something different than you typed. That shows you that you haven't got it quite right.

If you use notepad++ or Kompozer, you don't have to do everything quite by hand. You can use replace and choose your start point and choose replace and find repeatedly to cover just the section you want. Doesn't take long at all that way. If you are debugging an scanned text, you use Kompozer to find/replace. Replace all if you really don't want them all, or just close after finding one of them, then hit F3 to repeatedly find what you are looking for. It will be highlighted, so it is a great way to get rid of aggravating hyphens.

I've collected some style statements into one txt document. You might look at them and pick and choose what you want.

I like using the page break before statement with <h3> because it forces the beginning of each new chapter to the top of a page.

Hope this is of some help to you.
Attached Files
File Type: txt cssheads.txt (3.8 KB, 435 views)

Last edited by mrmikel; 10-03-2008 at 02:09 PM.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote