View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 01:14 AM   #171
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnighthyperion View Post
could you make a custom kernel that allows overclocking up to 1.3ghz for the vox? I think if we used kernel manager I could add it pretty easily. do you think creating a kernel is do able? I'm not very good at programming so I don't really know how
If you're asking if it's possible, then probably. The kernel source, the configuration at /proc/config.gz on the Vox and an ARM gcc toolchain should be enough for someone to build a working kernel. I occasionally use the toolchain with the Ångström SDK along with Scratchbox2 to build executables that run on Android systems, so that might be someplace to start. I haven't tried building a full kernel and I'm really not an ARM expert, so I've no idea how well it would work. The source for the hardware driver modules may or may not be available, but if you want to use the same kernel version, you can use the module binaries that have already been built. If overclocking requires modifying a closed-source module, though, you're probably stuck.

If you're asking if I will personally do this, then no. I've already invested as much time in the Vox as I care to.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote