Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 04:05 AM   #9
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Is it also the same release or build version? Under Settings-Device Information-software version: I see 2.3.1 (r45611, 12/7/12) on both my Glo and my Touch.

The r, or I assume, release(build version) version has varied on other firmwares with the same #.#.# for the Touch previously, possibly due to geographic concerns....
They're both 2.3.1 r45611, 12/7/12
I was hoping they weren't the same.

Quote:
Seems like Kobo would want to get on top of this all the way down to customer support to save wasting money on unnecessary swap-outs and customers getting psyched out & waiting for replacements that won't solve the problem if it's merely a firmware issue rather than battery issues as was previously thought.

No one is happy about firmware bugs, but they beat the heck out of hardware issues requiring returns, etc. Honestly, I think the hardware should be the last thing to suspect concerning Kobo issues. Both the Touch and Glo seem to be well designed and built. I think they just need a chance to debug and round up all the little beasties they're chasing. I hope most are their bugs rather than third parties over which they have less control, but ultimately they need to be dealt with no matter what their origins.
While the Kobos are my girlfriends, I'm tasked with library and maintenance duties. The Glo is an impressive unit - I just hope we can get this sorted out.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote