View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 03:28 AM   #22
John A. A. Logan
Connoisseur
John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The 31st and 32nd five-star reviews of The Survival of Thomas Ford are now up on Amazon UK...thank-you Peter Urpeth and Stuart Ayris!:

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Eerie, clever and original thriller, 26 Jun 2012
By Peter Urpeth - See all my reviewsAmazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: The Survival of Thomas Ford (Kindle Edition)
I became interested in this book after it was recommended to me by another author, and as a result of the string of top star reviews the book has received.Being of the belief that reader reviews are generally very reliable when in good number,I got a copy on kindle. I do not usually read thriller or suspense titles, though I'm always looking for those with an original twist or which are unusually well written, and this promised - and delivered - on both fronts. From the very start of this book, I was, as many other reviews have stated, gripped by the off-the-wall (but also familiar) characters, the twisting narrative and the fine pace and tone of the writing. The story builds with a deliberate and unrelenting pace, not rushed but judged to let events unfold with real tension. I don't like giving plot summaries, so I won't, but I very much recommend this title as a great read, fresh in the genre, tense and with a nicely sinister eye for when the seemingly ordinary and mundane can yield real threat value. I'm looking forward to Logan's next one.

[edited for length - MODERATOR]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Survival...pr_product_top

And 19 five-star reviews on Amazon US!:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Survival-T...pr_product_top

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-11-2014 at 03:55 PM.
John A. A. Logan is offline   Reply With Quote