View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #4
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
What I was going for is this: everyone is entitled to do what they want, to set up donation schemes for whatever they want.
But: in my opinion, this is just lame... Why would western soldiers need free Kindles? If they read, they will be able to buy them for themselves, if they don't, they won't need them. The aren't: in prison, underprivileged, poor or uneducated (or any combination of these), how would donating them free Kindles improve their situation (other than it being nice to get stuff for free that others have to buy from money the earn).
I question the general purpose of this organization not because I have no respect for soldiers (it might have come out wrong, I apologize) but because it puts emphasis on something they are not doing: they are not heroically defending any nation (or less polemically, working and living) anywhere in materially restrained circumstances, something which would justify them having something for free that should better go to other people (see above).
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote