View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
chriss9
chriss9 began at the beginning.

Device: Surface RT
Kindle Textbook Conversion

Good Day Everyone,

I am new here and this is my first post. If I am incomplete in my question or otherwise out of line, please let me know and I will ensure it does not happen again.

I have been a long time e-reader but recently went back to college. I use a Microsoft surface for travel and want to be able to read a textbook I just bought on that device. So I downloaded the book (it is in AZW4 format from what I see) using the PC reader application.

I installed Calibre and the plugins to remove DRM. I am able to successfully convert the book but the result is pretty bad. For example, the book is about 680 pages but when I convert it to some formats it comes in at well over 3000 pages because it takes certain sections and makes them one page per word for whatever reason.

So far I have tried PDF (preferred since I only want to read it in adobe reader) HTMLZ, and epub formats with no great success. I have NOT really gotten good understanding of other settings beyond the output format so could I be missing something there?

Just want a simple PDF file copy of the book for trips. if anyone has had experience in this area and is willing to share I would appreciate it.

Have an awesome day everyone!

Chris
chriss9 is offline   Reply With Quote