View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #12
The CB
Enthusiast
The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
To be blunt, that is a Crazy layout
You have 3 lines of text Before the H3 heading, the normal anchor point.

the H3 style does not have a page-break-before: always (which will also orphan those 3 lines I mentioned.

You could make the first P have an additional selector

<p class="CB pagebreak">

and have a style:
.pagebreak {page-break-before: always }
I didn't put page break before-always in h3 style because I didn't want those two lines before h3 to stay on different page and I didn't want to make page break before them all because it was already in the new file. Obviously here I will have too. Sometimes after I convert files like that to mobi it makes one empty page that is why I avoid to put pagebreak when I am already starting new file.
I admit I did some silly format there with those paragraphs before the first anchor point and I wondered if that would work and was happy when it did, untill Prestigio came to act :-( I will try to reorganize these chapters and see how it goes then.
I am just worried that this was not the first ebook that didn't display correctly in that reader. I am talking about books with normal postion of anchor points :-(Sometimes it doesn't even want to open the book edited in Sigil until it is not reconverted in Calibre. Will have to compare what calibre makes there.

Last edited by The CB; 03-11-2012 at 05:18 PM.
The CB is offline   Reply With Quote