View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
Received Pocketbook IQ

Got my IQ and only had a very short time to play with it last night. The device feels heavy for its size but the construction is very sturdy. It doesn't look cheap at all.

There are problems, however. The responsiveness of the device is not there yet. The touchscreen works pretty good. I immediately loaded an SD card with some PDF books. It took 2 minutes to recognize all the PDF material on the SD card. I then proceeded to open an 8 MB PDF and it took 40 seconds to display. A 20 MB PDF took closer to a minute to display. These two PDF files I looked at did not display very well on the IQ. Some pages were centered and I could read all the text but other pages the font was running through the right edge of the reader and I could not read them.

I could not get the WiFi to connect. I use MAC address filtering in my router and I was not able to get the MAC address of the device. If anyone knows where it is, please let me know. I also had a very short time to work with it and very little time to investigate menus and settings.

I plan to give a more detailed review later but for now my first impression is that it is ok for the money it costs. It is not great. At least not great with this firmware. There will probably be updates that will resolve the issues with responsiveness and other problems I have not run into yet.

There is still work to be done on this device. I don't think it is ready yet.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote