View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
As a former student if I were faced with the choice of purchasing a dead tree version that I could resell or an electronic version I couldn't then the electronic version had better be less than the dead tree minus the resell value. If it's not then I'd buy the dead tree version.

What will happen is that the electronic versions will be cracked and widely disseminated. The publishers will lose out on even more revenue and withdraw the electronic editions.

Pessimistic, no. Realistic, yes.
Amen. I am not going to point fingers but I know people who know people that have collection of e-medical books. When I need a reference or say a subject that I am looking into they are kindly enough to "lend a hand." I will be astonished if a medical etext is twice the price of a Danielle Steel enovel, but even at such rates college students will not pay for something that can be obtained but other methods.
Now, as a student I cannot see myself studying "properly" from an etext. Maybe it is bad habit but I need my information infront of me where i can doodle and highlight on. if mid paragraph i doze off and im more concerned on not getting my screen dirty than how boring this class is then it would never work.
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote