View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #15
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
I guess if you want to adjust the weight of a side-loaded font you could do it before loading it onto the device.
That's right and that's what I was used to doing for the Kindle so I don't mind preparing fonts beforehand. But now that Amazon seems to have made it more or less impossible to hack the PaperWhite I'm looking for a more user-friendly replacement device.

About DRM: Removing DRM is the road to perdition and I would NEVER do that!!!!
On another note: I'd mostly be sideloading books on a Kobo (all DRM-free, of course ). Does that pose any special problems on that device? I had downloaded the Kobo Android app on my tablet and I simply couldn't find any way to browse the tablet itself. I don't need it (Coolreader works perfectly), but I was wondering if the Kobo Glo has any issues with sideloaded books (I hate clouds).
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote