View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I find this like the biggest minus in kindle. How can it not support metadata. Ebook formats are so good because you can store all the important info. Sellers give us books with metadata in it and kindle can't read it?! I was really surprised in a bad way when I saw no way to view metadata.
Now instead of actually using my kindle for browsing my books I have to always browse them on calibre. Choosing according to title isn't my preference. So again I am stuck with my computer, can't use kindle for travel without computer or anything. Need two devices instead of one.
Any idea why kindle doesn't do metadata? Is it the limitation of the mobi format? If that's the case why did amazon have to use such a format.

As I understand Kindle Blast just makes a mobi or some kind of file? It doesn't give you a blurb. It's just a text file with all the blurbs?

Well, the biggest minus is the lack of pdf support, but I knew about it before buying and I can live with limited support and convert unreadable pdfs. But I didn't saw anything about metadata anywhere

Last edited by Noughty; 11-25-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote