View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #16
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by kejia View Post
Sorry to be so obtuse, but do you set day 1 day ahead, then 1 day back, and wait for update?

Also, if the LCD goes into sleep mode, with wifi on, do you know if wifi is still running in background? Will it wake Alex up to get the update?

Thanks!
WiFi remains active in the background.
Note about available update did pop up for me when starting my Alex yesterday (I only use standby, don't turn off. Probably Alex did check for the update over night. It did appear right after starting - surprisingly fast.). The update did fail because of damaged download. It didn't try to update again. The user guide says, it tries only once per day. I didn't want to wait, so I manually set the date 1 day ahead, restarted Alex and then reset the date. Note about available update promptly did pop up again. May be because of "simulating" a new date, may have been coincidence.
PDFs vastly have improved, but I miss the dictionary.

Last edited by mgmueller; 05-15-2010 at 03:26 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote