View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #69
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I just quickly browsed this thread, and apart from various philosophical complaints, I have yet to see one concrete use case that the calibre folder structure hampers. I may have missed it in my quick perusal, if so, please repost.

Speaking as a software developer philosophical complaints are not very motivating, use cases are.

So far the only concrete limitation of the calibre folder structure I know of is that it can get slow on windows because windows does not like large numbers of nodes in a single directory.
Didn't somebody describe that they wanted to have their own directory structure and being able to edit books using other tools than Calibre? As I understand this is problematic since Calibre creates cop of the books. But maybe I have misunderstood something?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote