View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
I believe that's a requirement in Mobipocket licencing for devices anywhere, not just the US.
It is. Mobi have always required DRM-exclusivity, even before they were bought by Amazon.

Quote:
Hell, just opening up their store for Mobipocket DRM would essentially monopolize the market, I think. With the amount of books they have available, you wouldn't have to go to any other place for just about anything you read.
For Mobi books, yes, but remember that there are other formats out there .

But let's not get carried away. I can't really see Amazon doing this, much though I'm sure we'd all like them to.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote