View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 04:31 PM   #23
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I read mostly YA, I know what it stands for. Why the quoted definition and in which ways does it apply specifically to these books?

It's not the kind of book that most publishers, in my experience, would market as YA these days, and apart from one main and one secondary protagonist being teenagers (in addition to multiple adult protagonists), there isn't anything particularly "young adult" about it. And Baen certainly didn't put either the first or the second book under Teen & YA on NetGalley - so it looks to me that they're not marketing it as YA.

It's a zombie book that is suitable for young adults, but I can't really see why it should be considered one that's specifically written for (and isn't targeted at / marketed to) teens or young adults.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote