View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #195
ZombWii
Enthusiast
ZombWii began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablejim View Post
Kobo seems to offer a discount on the list price everywhere they can (even if it is only a small % of the price). If they have already taken some off (i.e. there are 2 prices listed), then they can take off more (i.e. with a promo code). However if the prices are set, they cannot take off anything, so there is just the one price.
In my experiences that is not always true.

e.g. currently Erik Larson's new one "In The Garden Of Beasts" shows only the "Buy Now" price of $9.99 and if you click through to the purchase page, you don't get the "Due to publisher restrictions..." warning.
And I just purchased the book to make sure the jun29us20 goes through...it worked.

The warning, at least as far as I'm aware, is fairly recent. In the past it was a matter of trial and error...inputting a promo code and waiting to see if it was accepted or not. Having that information on the purchase page makes life a little bit easier.

So no, the "one price displayed means no promo codes" theory is not strictly true. ALWAYS go through to the purchase page and look for the disclaimer.

Last edited by ZombWii; 07-04-2011 at 03:44 PM. Reason: clarification
ZombWii is offline   Reply With Quote