View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #95
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hi lisa.m,

The problem as I discussed previously with trying to generate based on embedding an existing cover is that you only get "one shot at it". As soon as you generate the cover, the existing cover is replaced. Which means you would have to download/extract it again or copy it from wherever you made a backup if you remembered to in the situation where you decide you want to tweak it further if you don't like how it looks. Dwanthny's solution to this was to manually temporarily add the image to the list of cover images and then generate.

As for comments - you should be able to do this already with the custom text field by putting {comments} as the field. However I would be very careful about doing this - if your comments are longer than a couple of lines I would not be surprised if the plugin melts down. Drawing large amounts of text isn't really a strong point of the library and will be unreadable I would have thought.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote