View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #13
scveteran
Groupie
scveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
What are you studying? Advanced Maths? Computer sciences? I am a student and use my Asus netbook for everything. In fact I use it a lot more than the brand new piece of hardware sitting on my desk at home. I've written entire essays while sitting outside under a tree at University. Arts based subjects only require research and writing, no number crunching or awesome graphics. People used to do it with a library and a notepad.
If you want only a word processor, then get one. Most students use their computer for a lot more than that. I have 2 college students in my house right now. Also keep in mind that usually Asus costs a whole lot more than $400. They only have one Asus listed for price range, and it is really designed mainly for web surfing and word processing. It would choke on anything much harder than that. I bought for one student and had to return it.

(BTW, the reason I keep having so many kids is that I take in teens that are abused and/or kicked out by their parents. Right now my wife and I have 3 teens that are not our biological kids. )
scveteran is offline   Reply With Quote