View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #27
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Well, that will probably be a total rewrite. Not only will you need to deal with all the semantic differences between the languages, but you will need either to implement something equivalent to the smarty template processor or to hand-code all of that as well. You probably would be better off starting from the python, because it doesn't use templates.

PHP works well under IIS. See http://php.net/manual/en/install.windows.php
I mostly learn by example, so, if I have examples on how I can read from the database, for example, I will be able to put it in C#. I've been using too much ASP, HTML and Javascript at work, my .NET knowledge is getting rusty again... So, I want a project again. I have started using the services Calibre is offering (which are also used by the content server's client side code), but if I can directly plug into the DB, it would save me a lot of problems on my server machine...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote