View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
How do you organise Mini Reading Projects?

How do you organise Mini Reading Projects?

I've recently started my first ereading (+paper books) reading project. (Napoleon in Egypt)

I'm using the following custom Columns in Calibre to help keep the project together:

Projects
Non Fiction (multi use)
Paper Book (multi use)
Buy/Borrow (multi use)
TBR (multi use)
Read (multi use)

As for gathering material together for my reading project I've borrowed from my local library and bought ebooks.

Whilst the invent of ereading has meant that doing research is now at one's fingertips, it doesn't make the selection of appropriate (to one's needs) material much easier because in order to discern the e material to a degree of suitability one usually needs to buy first (that is commercially available only material). Expensive errors become fingertip easy, in my experience.

So, I'm curious

- how do you organise your reading projects, Calibre and otherwise?

- how do you discern commercially available only material (and you can't access a hard copy) to the degree that you can identify as much as possible prior to purchase that it meets your needs?

- what tips do you have for ereading mini projects?

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 11-21-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote